Zadar


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Zadar
August 31st 2009
Published: October 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Zadar - Day 9 (August 31)



Bus travel again, but this afforded more great views of the Croatian coastline. From the bus station on the outskirts of the town we took a local bus to the harbour and old town.

I‘m sure the locals just love it when a group of travellers with back packs cram onto their buses. This one was packed and most of our luggage was piled in the centre trapping one lady in, who panicked that she wouldn‘t be able to get out, and feell over bags and was caught by our leader who wa then stuck balancing bags and a lady. She needn‘t have worried as we all were getting off at the same spot. Nothing too hurt, just pride.

We wandered through cobble streets to find our small local hotel. Our orientation walk passed by some more Roman ruins, of an ampitheatre though they were not very in tact.

We strolled to the sea wall where someone had created a sea organ that played music as the waves surged pushing air through pipes. It was reminiscent of whale music, it would have been great to hear the difference it made under stormy conditions.

Lunch was burek of the spinach and cheese variety, here they did them in small scrolls and they were particularly good zeljanica. I topped this off is the best ice-cream I’d had so far, it was orange flavour (not sorbet).

The cafes’s were set in all the surrounding streets to our hotel, with every available piece of the lane occupied by table and chairs. It’s always pleasant to eat outside, and good to sample the local fare.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

View looking toward Sea OrganView looking toward Sea Organ
View looking toward Sea Organ

The organ is under where the people are sitting, I couldn't photograph without being in the water!


Tot: 0.508s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.2261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb