Day 91: Arriving in Croatia


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Split
July 28th 2011
Published: July 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We had to get up at 2.30am this morning in order to make our 6.40am flight to Croatia from Stanstead Airport. We caught taxis to the Victoria Coach Station and met there to catch the bus at 3.15am to the airport. The bus seemed to take an eternity and by the time we got there we were like walking zombies. The check in line for Easy Jet was huuuuuge and by the time we got checked in and had a bit of breakfast we ended up having to run through the airport to make our flight. Luckily it was a different result to last time we had to run through an airport and we made it onto the plane ok. The plane was quite small and they had a system where you just picked your seat, which was really unusual.

The flight went quickly and when we arrived we caught a shuttle to the city centre. Neither of us had slept on the plane and when we arrived in the centre of Split it was pouring with rain so we decided it might be best to taxi rather than walk. But it stopped raining as soon as we got off the bus so we walked to our hostel, which is called Al's Place. We were both shattered so decided to sleep for a couple of hours. We woke up after 4 hours and decided to have a wander down to the harbour and get some dinner.

We met a NZ guy who now lives in Aussie (he calls himself an Australian so we have disowned him as a true Kiwi) who came with us for dinner. We had a nice chicken sandwich and an ice-cream for dessert. After a bit of a wander around we headed back to hostel and were in bed by about 9.30!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.092s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb