Beach hopping in Split, Croatia with the grandparents


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Split
July 30th 2018
Published: August 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We loved Split so much last year, we decided to go again and take Murray's parents. We enjoyed the beaches close by and ventured to Brac Island on a few day trips. We went to Bol beach on Brac island, which was a definite highlight. Stunningly beautiful, it is a peninsular with limestone rocks on the beach. The water was an amazing blue/green. Although typically the beach was crowded, it was definitely worth it. We went to another beach on Brac Island on another day, Supetar. There were a few bays to choose from, but the kids had their eyes set on the aqua park. It was a lot of fun, although a test of my lack of upper body strength and I was covered in bruises afterwards. We did really enjoy it and it was a nice challenge for all. We did our usual beach hopping along the bays close to Split town and enjoyed watching our kids grow in their confidence in the ocean. We were surprised how easy it was to float in the ocean, as our norm is fresh water swimming in Lake Geneva these days.

We enjoyed the old town in Split again, especially the yummy gelatos.

We would happily holiday back there again, but it seems that Europe has so many choices that it is unlikely we'll be back.

Murray's parents have now left and we wait eagerly for my family in a couple of weeks.

Miriam


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb