Life is good.


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Korcula
May 26th 2008
Published: May 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Kortula old townKortula old townKortula old town

Veiw from the dock
We have experienced a full range of sailing conditions with wind mainly from the SE, our intended direction of travel, making headway slow. Our skipper has whipped his crew into shape so we tack smoothly and keep lines neat and sails trimmed.

Mediterranean docking stern-to-the-dock can be challenging with 25 knt cross-winds, but once safely tied to the dock it's a great source of entertainment watching the Austrians try to duplicate the same manouever. We coined the phrase "an Austrian moment" after watching a crew with 8 Austrian men completely botch their docking attempt; at one point scraping the hull along the bow-anchor of an adjacent boat and ending up sideways and entangled in their bowline.

We have braved the clear water for a swim or two despite somewhat chilly water temperatures, and explored several lovely old towns. Local produce is very tasty and the days in tho open air give us hearty appetites for the local hams and cheeses, wines and beers. Croatian ice cream is also delicious and I am working on sampling all of the flavours before the end of our vacation.

While we might wish for bigger bunks with softer mattresses, life does not
KorculaKorculaKorcula

Veiw from the dock
get much better than this and we may well have solved all the problems of the world by the time we sail Zweigelt back to Zadar


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

HvarHvar
Hvar

Dalmatian ham
SibenikSibenik
Sibenik

Cathedral


Tot: 0.481s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 75; dbt: 0.2318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb