the beach


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Hvar
October 22nd 2007
Published: October 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

FINALLY we found sand, though you would be pressed to call it a beach since we had to risk getting wet on a cold and windy day just to touch the sand, though now we have touched it, and i did my beach dance.

The weather has taken a turn for the worst and though it is not raining today it was yesterday and it is overcast, and on the otherside of the island it is very windy. We will be back ther tomorrow to catch a ferry to dubrovnik.

We met these two people in a resturaunt who are from san francisco and are going to be on the same ferry as us on the way to italy. They were having a traditional croation dish that you have to order hours in advance because they buy an octopus and cook it for three hours, we ended up trading them some wine for some octopus, tasted kinda like chicken.

We also managed to have lobster yesterday without going over budget (the only things we spent money on that day were dinner and a cheap pension (the cheapest yet at about 12CAD each per night)). Though we decided not to have wine, and they had a bottle thats 120$ and we thought it was rediculous.

Its cold out so were messing around on the internet inside, but theres not much to see here and weve seen a lot of it anyway.

Cheers,
Ian

Advertisement



24th October 2007

Not much to see?!
Well then you haven't been looking in the right place.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SRrM6pbvbU

Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb