We had a great day in Dubrovnik


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
November 7th 2010
Published: November 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, November 7th

Hi Everyone,

Today we arrived in Dubrovnik. I have wanted to tour Dubrovnik for at least 8 years and I have to tell you that I am in no way disappointed. This was one of the most beautiful cities that we have ever seen. The old town of Dubrovnik is a medieval town with a wall, a gate and even a moat. Everything is stone; the streets, the buildings, and all the monuments. We had about a one-hour historical tour and then had about an hour and a half to explore on our own before beginning the second part of the tour.

Later we boarded a bus and went up into the mountains where we spent time touring a couple of farm houses. We had a two-hour lunch at one of the farm houses where we had some brandy, wine, and a big meal that included local cheeses, bread, olives, fruit, prosciutto (aged ham), and chicken. With the exception of the chicken, everything was cultivated and grown on the farm. While we ate, a trio of musicians played traditional music.

It was an awesome day. Nalynn and I also contributed to the local economy buying lots of souvenirs for the grandchildren. Tomorrow we are in Greece.

PS - Happy Birthday, Anden!

Arlyn and Nalynn



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.217s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb