Dubrovnik's wall


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
May 29th 2009
Published: May 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Old townOld townOld town

View from our patio
Wednesday was a good day to leave England as the showers had developed into a steady rain with gloomy skies. In Dubrovnik, however, we were greeted by a lightening storm and torrential rain that lasted into the wee hours of the morning. All things pass, however, and it is now a bright, sunny day as we stroll around the walls of the old town wearing shorts.

We had planned to stay in the old town so I was apprehensive to hear that someone at Ekker Yachting had reserved a B&B for us 15 minutes walk away. A similar booking in Zadar turned out to be a B&B owned by someone's aunt and was in the back of beyond requiring bus rides and long walks to reach the old town. Our Dubrovnik B&B is run by someone's sister but is a delight.

Built up the side of the coast road, the old town is indeed a 15-minute walk in one direction with a beach 5 minutes in the other. Outside our spacious room, that includes a small fridge and two electric rings with pots and pans, is a large patio where a dozen U.S. college students, studying the philosophy of
??????

Choose! It's me or the goat.
war and several of whom are in the room sharing our balcony, tend to accumulate late at night (no double glazing or sound proofing here) after we've gone to bed. I'd be interested to hear what they are being taught so maybe if we can stay up late enough we'll join them tonight.

We were treated to an excellent performance of Chopin and Tchaikovsky's Fifth by the Dubrovnik Symphony Orchestra in the old Revelin fort yesterday evening.

Tomorrow we pick up our boat, Thetis, but will have to provision and get organized so likely won't sail out of Dubrovnik until Sunday morning. It looks as though we are allowed to take the boat into Montenegro so we will likely spend a few days there before heading north to pick up our friends in Zadar.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

DubrovnikDubrovnik
Dubrovnik

From north
Dubrovnik2Dubrovnik2
Dubrovnik2

More walls


Tot: 0.384s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0987s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb