Join a Cycling Trip??


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia » Dubrovnik
July 7th 2021
Published: July 7th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Unless you are a dedicated cyclist like me, you probably have never considered a cycling trip, or better yet, a cycling cruise. Perhaps you might want to reconsider this option, particularly since electric bicycles are now an option. But stop and think about all of the fun "off bike" that you might have. First, and foremost is the social aspect of joining a group that is both fun and interesting. There is plenty of time to socialize, at happy hours, meal times, cycling breaks, and on board activities. And time to meet locals as well. Second, the food is a big attraction, both on board, and on shore. Meal times tend to be the highlight of the day. The stories tend to get exaggerated, and with the help of some adult beverages, louder and more interesting. In a foreign country, such as France, Germany, or Croatia, the food and wine tends to be a focus rather than an afterthought. Southeast Asia as well!! Third, the cultural activities are virtually endless. Both the geography and the numerous villages offer "unwritten" lessons in both history and culture. On a bicycle, I can stop wherever I want. This includes wineries, bars, and pubs!!! Where might some of these cycling options take you or me? How about along the Danube in Germany or Austria? Or the upper middle Rhine, with its great wines? Bordeaux and Champagne are great regions for wine lovers. Or island hop in Greece or Croatia? Or riding from Hanoi to Halong Bay? I have also done rides in Vietnam, Amsterdam, Munich, as well as several US cities. I think you see what I am trying to say. We only spend about two to three hours on the bicycles each day. We stop at least once for lunch, potty breaks, and some photos. It is a low stress, but fun-filled day. Please, non- cyclists are welcome!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0756s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb