Croatian Honeymoon - Zagreb


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Central Croatia » Zagreb
September 27th 2013
Published: November 19th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We had a wonderful breakfast at the hotel - best one yet - complete with fresh squeezed OJ and champagne (I do love a good mimosa!). We explored the city, although it was a dreary day, but we really enjoyed it. It was not very crowded and some places made us feel like we were the only tourists. We visited the Botanical Gardens, St. Marks church, the cathedral, and just walked all over. All of the architecture was beautiful and you could see the Italian influence. We had lunch at our hotel (I had an amazing puff pastry stuffed with a lobster and leek cream sauce, topped with truffles) and then we packed as it was our last night in Croatia. We decided to have one last traditional Croatian meal and ended up at the top of the city (BRR!) where the only available seat was outside. Thankfully they gave us blankets and had a heater. We had a lovely meal and truly enjoyed our (short) time in Zagreb. We would have loved another day there. Croatia was a beautiful country - complete with wonderful people, places, and food. We would certainly go back and recommend it to anyone!


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb