Croatia


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Central Croatia » Zagreb
October 8th 2007
Published: October 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I forgot to mention that me and Jer checked out London Bridge, and contrary to popular belief it is in fact not falling down. We also met a pigeon man who had seeds and put them in your hands and you get pigeons all over your arms and stuff, it was actually really gross.

I forget what we did the next day, we went to Tower Bridge and on the way we were like 5 feet away from Dustin Hoffman who was there doing a movie. We also went to the Wembly soccer stadium but couldnt get in on a tour that day 😞

Met up with sarah and her relatives, she was pretty happy to see me and all her relatives are pretty nice, we went to the beach and jer departed on his way home. Sarah and I flew into Zagreb and found our hostel pretty easy and have been wandering around Zagreb, though we have been itching to see the beach. Tomorrow we are going to head off to Opatija which is in Istria region in the west, though I dont know if we will go any further west its only a short trip to go anywhere west.

Zagreb is full of nuns for some reason, i read it was 84% roman catholic. We went to see a big church and it was wierd becuase it was in a really good state of repair and it seemed as though they had way more money then they knew what to do with. Also the lonely planet guide is this years guide but a lot of the restoraunts and things in the book are closed, or dont even exist anymore which is frustrating, but we do pretty good.

Im going to try to book a hostel for Opatija (which I still cant figure out how to pronounce the ˝ij˝sound).

Love,
ian

Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb