Hangin' with Marko J. in Zagreb


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Central Croatia » Zagreb
June 1st 2005
Published: September 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I woke up early with a bit of a hangover. I caught breakfast at a little café near the hostel and met Chris and our Croatian friends at the plaza with the famous statue. We went to an outdoor café and I threw a beer down while watching the gorgeous people of Zagreb walk past. We switched cafes and later went for a walk to a spot where the Prime Minster was chatting with a group of upset workers. On the way we walked past a famous painting that had survived a huge fire that had decimated the city years earlier.

We met up with Mark Jurkovic at the plaza and all went for one last drink for the afternoon. Marko took me and Chris for a quick city tour before dropping us back off at our hostel. I took a nap before getting picked up by Marko along with Chris and Helena, a French girl we met. We hit a bar with Hollywood memorabilia and then continued on to a really cool bar next to a big lake. Marko and I made some minimal efforts to dance with some local girls before heading off to one last bar for the evening. It was a packed little wooden shack where locals were singing famous Croatian songs. The girl behind me was practically humping my back due to the shortage of space but it ended up being a really good time. Later on we got a bite to eat at a greasy sandwich shop and then returned to the hostel. The French girl didn’t seem to be interested in any after-hour activities so we all hit the sack.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb