islanders!!!!


Advertisement
Jersey's flag
Europe » Channel Islands
September 28th 2006
Published: September 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

castle Mont Orgeuilcastle Mont Orgeuilcastle Mont Orgeuil

I have found my new home....not too bad a pretty nice view of the ocean as well!!!
Ah yes the island life.... how could you say no to beautiful beaches, castles and wonderful people!! Jersey island is a hdden paradise, off the beaten track in the english channel....Simon (the islander!) brought Larissa and I around this gem!! Visiting Castles, beautiful beaches and going out with his friends.

A rarety for us prairie girls....he took us Razor Fishing!! Pack a container of salt, tide is low and the hunt is on!! The story goes,.... at low tide, going out on the sand, find a hole that's slightly keyhole shaped and pore in the salt...this tricks the razor fish to think the tide is back and they come up from the sand...at that time you look past the slimmy head and grab him by the shell!!! Success four times over, woohoo!!!

Now with a little tan back, we take the ferrie over to St-Malo, France!!!
I tell you I'm happy I still have my french, even though the accent is different with enough concentration we're managing just right. We only spent the day here but make no mistake we enjoyed our first french crepe and of course got a baguette, brie cheese and a nice bottle of wine.
Razor FishingRazor FishingRazor Fishing

Larissa got all excited when catching the first razor fish of the day....we have to cook those first before you eat it!!!!!
It made for a fantastic welcoming to France!!!

Train ride later and Larissa is home, in Caen!!! What a cute little university city, settling into her appartement, we arrived in time for a nutella party thrown by her new roomates!!! they eat nutella like we love our peanut butter!! A chocolat feast indeed.....mmmmm
Down the street we're about to explore the castle of William the conquere!! It's so hard to realy imagine....off we are....

Big hugs
Bridge


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The first taste of FranceThe first taste of France
The first taste of France

Ahhhh enjoying the savoury wine cheese and baguette....oui oui!!!
Chocolat???Chocolat???
Chocolat???

now that's a lot of Nutella!!! 3000g actually....we only managed a little dent when indulging in crepe, nutella and banana!!!


3rd October 2006

The Real Deal...
Do processed kraft singles and boxed wine put me in the running for fabulous European experiences while I'm still stuck in the 'Peg?? I must say I am a little bit jealous. Miss you girl!!

Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb