Pain and stomach problems in - Belgium?


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium
June 14th 2006
Published: June 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Toby and Scott.Toby and Scott.Toby and Scott.

Our sponsor during the trip... BEER !
Day 13, 13th June.

Wetteren - Mechelin - Tessenderlo

After an explosive morning on the loo, we set out at half-eight heading east. Toby’s knee was playing up. He’s a nice guy but with little common-sense, I feel that I have to mother him, and feel that he’s not had to fend for himself that much. Anyway, we got as far as Mechelin and Toby’s knee was hurting so much the he decided to get the train to Düsseldorf via Köln. We arranged to meet up at the youth hostel on Friday evening - if he finds it okay?

Then it began to rain. We set off as four, one of the group missing, it felt strange not having him with us on the bikes, but, it has to be done to save time, we need to be in Prague in just over a week.

Our destination was Leopoldsburg, I felt worn out and exhausted after my stomach upset. I was very tired and ready to drop. Luckily we found a lovely campground by a castle 10 miles before the town. I made dinner, we showered, shaved, and crashed out early around nine o’clock.

Total Miles:
Francs for the memory.Francs for the memory.Francs for the memory.

The last time we would ever use Belgian Francs before the Euro came in.
571.55 Todays Miles: 64.55 Average speed: 11.0 Time on bike: 5:51



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

NetherlandsNetherlands
Netherlands

Trendy 10 Guilder note. The dude who designed this "musta bin Smokin"!
Roermond-HollandRoermond-Holland
Roermond-Holland

Out little jaunt thru Holland included the obligatory stop at a "Coffee-Shop" for a wee toke. It was difficult to mount our bikes afterwards!


Tot: 0.327s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 23; qc: 108; dbt: 0.105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb