That's one way to keep a man happy while shopping!


Advertisement
Europe » Belgium » West Flanders » Bruges
April 28th 2007
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.1693, 3.34704Didn't sleep well again - must be depression over going home soon! So to make up for it, I of course had to stuff myself at breakfast. Some decent stuff - spicy ham (a little fatty) and lots of OJ. They had some crappy fruitcake - but with a little Nutella it actually tasted pretty good! Off for a walk - there are four windmills along a canal on the edge of the histor... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 0, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

zczc
zc

View from the Brewery's roof. The locals complain that the skyline was ruined by an ugly modern building way in the distance, yet for aesthetic reasons locals aren't even allowed to install a satellite dish.
zeze
ze

Drinking my included beer on the patio, after the tour was finished. Have you ever seen that Corona commercial where there's a quarter moon in the sky, and the bottle is placed such that the moon is sitting in the bottle neck, like a lime wedge? Well, here's my attempt. They say that artists should emulate, not imitate - but in my case, you just blatantly rip off!
zfzf
zf

The problem with the previous picture is that I couldn't focus on both the moon and the beer glass. I like how the glass distorted my toes, making them look even more nasty. And do you like my pants? I finally caved and bought some clothing more suitable to the weather.
zhzh
zh

This sculpture reminded me of Rodin's "Cathedral".
zizi
zi

Another Begijnhof - this one now houses nuns. I hung out here for awhile - with all these single women living here, I was bound to get somewhere!
zjzj
zj

Ostend's cathedral.
zmzm
zm

They should ban those touristy horse-drawn carriages - check out how long the lineup of cars is behind it! This is the oceanfront promenade. Kind of like a VERY poor man's version of Le Promenade Anglais in Nice, France (see Euro 2006 blog entitled "Nice is Niiiiice!").
znzn
zn

A little snack of calamari, chicken nuggets, fish chunks, and crab claws (Chinese crab claws are MUCH better). It all looks better than it tastes.
zozo
zo

The Ho Dynasty - sounds like a good name for an Asian massage parlour!
zpzp
zp

One of those times where they didn't really think too hard when naming their company - does "SEXPRESS" mean its a brothel on wheels?
zqzq
zq

Fish Market.
zrzr
zr

Cool monument overlooking the ocean.
zszs
zs

Always a sign that safety is a high priority - electrical wires sticking out of the ground!
ztzt
zt

Pretty big beach here at Ostend.
zuzu
zu

Two beer bottles in a beach - the Ostend equivalent of "Two peas in a pod".
zvzv
zv

Ostend's busy pedestrian shopping street.
zwzw
zw

These late-night shops gouge you - a bottle of water that costs 1 Euro in a grocery store costs you 4 Euros here.
zxzx
zx

An egg tart. A crappy egg tart. I was going to throw it away but before I could, Ben magically appeared, yelled "You're not going to eat that???!??!" and snatched it from my hand. Sorry, yet another inside joke that probably only 3 other people on Earth will get.
zyzy
zy

One of those cool multi-person bikes.
zzzz
zz

Madrid-Straat in Ostend - I looked and I looked, but there were no Spanish hotties to be found. False advertising!!!
zzazza
zza

The Minnewater park.



Tot: 0.028s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0105s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb