Brugge


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » West Flanders » Bruges
October 12th 2013
Saved: November 12th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We have been very fortunate in finding. Campgrounds as advertised either in the ACSI CAMPING BOOK, Bord Atlas or on the Internet. However, as we headed toward Calais, our fortune changed and we ended up at a location that has been closed for 5 months ( since May). Signs still up approaching from 2 different directions with a crisp OPEN sign clearly visible. The neighbors gave us updated info. And so we made a u-turn and found a lovely, huge campground where we were sited on a canal very close to a marina and the North Sea.
And so we have had two very relaxing days before we board the ferry to Dover, to download photos and to remember what a delightful city Brugge is. We had a campsite on a yachtport within 15 minutes walk to the medieval city of Brugge. The walk was through an enchanting park, full of flowers and winding paths. The early morning light on the bricks, canals, church steeples, chocolate shoppes, and horse and carriages within the city, was mesmerizing and a photographers delight.
We meandered thru the streets, finally coming into the Burg or market center of the old medieval area of the city. A carillon was playing non-stop and music was being played throughout the area. Bells rang from the churches and the clip-clop of horses hooves, made for an exciting outing. We found a great restaurant for lunch and finally a chocolate shoppe to sample some product. Yummy! After a lovely walk back to our MH, we decided to move on to the aforementioned campground (closed).
We are camped in England at a very elegant sounding campground:
Cathedral Grange. We have an RV serviceman here doing a conversion of the electrical system to be compatible in the USA and we will be wending our way thru Southern England toward shipping our MH from South Hampton. Our next series of blogs will be about our adventures with our MH in North America: Canada, Mexico and the USA.
Guy will be posting most of the photographs that have been taken during our last four months travels on his website in due course. We will keep you updated via this blog site.

WWW.lasting-images.us


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

6th November 2013

Nice !
Hey ! Loved reading our blog here. Looks to me you had a great time in Bruges ! As I'm studying to become a city guide in Bruges, I read on what people look for when visiting Bruges. In that way I know how to help them even better when the questions come. As I'm already doing free walks in Bruges, I hear a lot of different questions. I bundle them, try to find the best answer and post them in my blog ( http://brugesbyandy.blogspot.be ). If you have friends or family planning on visiting Bruges, maybe they can read the blog before coming over, there are some useful tips on it. But it's still young, it'll grow ! Greets Andy B.

Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb