Week 6 - "Its your turn", Carrers expo, Eglise, Dinner party.


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Walloon Brabant » Waterloo
March 11th 2012
Published: March 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

2/3/2012

Its March ! we’re so so busy with rotary activities this month, literally something that we gotta do rotary related on EVERY weekend. This weekend, its on Saturday at 9-12, at a local school hosting a carrers expo for the Vervies area. But tonight, myself, Chris, Eliza, Riley and Morgan decided to have a bit of a get-together so we could all journey there the next morning together. It started in Verviers, where we bought some supplies for the night, and went to a local bar called Beluga. We weren’t there long before we decided we could make better fun ourselves, so journeyed back to Morgans, to find an amazing meal of spag bolg and chocolate pudding her darling host mum made us….

3/3/2012

An early start for us today, and we headed to the carrers expo that we had to be great model exchange students at. Hah. Anyway it was pretty lowkey and the majority of the morning there weren’t a lot of people there, so our job wasn’t too bad. After it finished around 1, I had another rehearsal with Gludhy before tomorrow, which would be my first time actually going to a church service at his church, not just a rehearsal.

4/3/2012

Today Sonia offered to come with me to the church service, so we headed off in the early hours of the morning (for a Sunday) to go to “Eglise”. It was such a different kind of service from the ones I used to go to when I was young… People would stand up and dance around a sing, holding bags on their head, which was probably some kind of African dance, and generally really get into the church service. It was funny, only 1 of the 5 songs we practiced so hard in repetitions actually got played that day. One. The rest I could follow, but I was just puzzled why. The service went on for 2 hours (10:30-12:30), and I asked Gludhy after the service why we didn’t do any of the songs we practiced, to which his answer was around the lines of that they are for the recording session at the end/beginning of March/April, and not sing a longs like the ones in church. Pas Problem.

Also today, for dinner, we went to Sonia’s sisters house with some of her friends and family. I met all her four siblings, and their partners, and we sat down to such a Belge dish, I loved it. Frites and Boulettes (Chips and Meatballs). If nothing else will fill you up, this always works. This was followed by a sweet mousse dessert, and relaxation. Turns out they had a guitar, and that the father played guitar when he was younger, so down it came, and until we left I just played some mellow lounge songs under the French conversations that I’m starting to get decent snippets of meaning from…

Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1628s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb