Brussels and Antwerp (they're cities in Belgium)


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region
August 29th 2010
Published: September 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Joined by Louisa, we ventured on the Eurostar to our first location in search of great chocolate and waffles - Brussels! Waffles and chocolates were sampled as we visited all of the tourist sites in the city. We spotted the Grand Place, sought out the Cathedral and a war memorial tower, Louisa missed her chance to photograph some kid imitating the Mannequin Pis and we walked quickly through the gardens where an unusual band was playing.

Day 2 we decided to visit Antwerp. We were impressed by its central railway station and Cathedral of our Lady. We also sampled some unusual chocolates from Dominique's Persoone's the Chocolate Line (including fried onion and sundried tomato). Our time in Belgium took a turn for the worst - I found that having food poisoning (suspected culprit from a burger in Shanghai) in the land of chocolate was particularly upsetting while Caleb came down with a cold and ended up consuming vast quantities of cough lozenges instead!

Not to fear, our stay with the Peeterse/Wiegmans in the Netherlands set us up for our recovery.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Louisa's personal challengeLouisa's personal challenge
Louisa's personal challenge

Outside the Cathedral, Brussels
Some arty street in BrusselsSome arty street in Brussels
Some arty street in Brussels

Caleb said that the overhanging art reminded him of fire. Hmmm....


2nd September 2010

How do you two manage to sniff out the chocolata/ gelato/ patissiere in every city you go to?

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb