And you thought I was boring


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region » Brussels
June 29th 2006
Published: August 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We took a train to Brussels this afternoon and upon arrival we were led around the town by a crazy, CRAZY, man in a panima hat and a white suit. I've made it a new rule that all crazy europeans need to wear panima hats and white suits.
Being in Belgium we immediately began consuming vast quantities of waffle and beer.
You know what else? MAGRITTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's right my great sweet sweet surrealistic boyfriend was a born and bread Brussels-ian. So I wasted no time finding a beautiful art-book store and stocking up on magritte postcards and fondeling calder books. Mmmmm art.

Then much after that Ryan and I went out on a quest for this bar called L'hommo erectus. We had Mary, sweet virginal innocent Mary, in tow. So L'hommo erectus is like THE happening night spot for the glbt community in Brussels. And that night, we were lucky enough to stumble upon thier ... you know it, black face performances. Pretty awesome huh?
So I mean after the shock and awe of such a spectle, plus the ultra closed quarters of that bar we decided it was time to go to another bar. So off we went to this great place where the MOST BEAUTIFUL bartender was working. He was delightful! And many, many shakers and shots later as we were leaving the bar I left our dear bartender a napkin with a note asking him whom he preffered (boys or girls) with both ryan's and my room numbers and the name of the hotel on the napkin. Needless to say Mary laughed her way home as Ryan and I tried to figure out who would get a phone call (neither of us did. it's still a good story).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb