Bustling Brussels


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region » Brussels
June 21st 2009
Published: June 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We have been watching the news which tells us that there is storms and extreme heat throughout west Europe from Spain through France and moving into central Europe............. well we have missed it! We have had decent weather but not real hot not real cold but more cool than warm. I have had a cardigan (borrowed from Lisa) on most days. We arrived to a cool day in Brussels and found our accomodation on the quiet side of town but only 2 metro stops from town or 15 min walk. It is a beautiful new apartment again and I was extremely pleased to find a washing machine & dryer in the kitchen! Never thought I would Wooo Hooo about that but we were running out of our comfiest clothes. Two bedrooms, with a balcony, fully equiped kitchen and 2 toilets........... a must when you have smelly boys with you!

A 7 day supermarket was our first priority for breakfast and slack tea supplies. Our first full day, Sunday, was raining and 14o. But being tourists and only 2 full days to wander, you cant just wait for the fine weather. So with our mild summer clothes and rain jackets we headed out. We found the main square and small cobblestoned streets easily enough and wandered taking photos of statues and buildings yet again. We happened across Chinatown (as is in every main town) but bypassed that to lunch quie late, at the Greek section where we sat between Mykonos & Santorini cafes to hoe into yiros. More walking and photo opportunities and home to relax for tomorrows adventures where we shall walk for kilometers again to the Royal palace, garden of statues and Parliment.

We spent the night trying to find accomodation for our last spot Amsterdam!

We started our last day quite late......... around lunchtime and after consultation with the infomation booth we decided to find our way by foot to a particular section of houses that were built late 1800's early 1900's that frame a park with statues and lawns, trees etc. A bit like a Rose Park. It was lovely and thought that it would be easy enough to walk to the Royal Garden which we did in about 30min then onto St Catherines Cathederal which was on the outskirts of the main part of old town. We walked soo much that we decided to eat waffles with strawberries, ice cream and chocolate sauce then catch the bus back but it took us about 20min to find the right stop! So we could have walked home after all!! All in all we had another relaxing time, it was all very pretty and conveniently in a compact area so we could see it all!




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Coffee in main square facing the Royal PalaceCoffee in main square facing the Royal Palace
Coffee in main square facing the Royal Palace

Rpyal palace is left of photo with gold on outside


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb