Day 16 - Antwerp, Belgium


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Antwerp Province » Antwerp
April 10th 2008
Published: April 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Morning: Had a good sleep and woke up only at around 9:30am. Everybody woke up around that time and we got ready slowly. Yuri offered to make some pancakes for us and we hungrily agreed. Then he introduced us on how Belgians eat their pancakes w palm sugar, chocolate chip-like toppings and a kind of sugar that taste really nice which is called Cassinade Graeffe. He said it's prob only sold in Belgium so we decided to buy it when we visit the supermarket later. After 3 pancakes later, we started getting ready to go out and it's about 1pm already.

Afternoon: Since the day was so good and super sunny, Yuri decided not to waste it by staying at home to do his work and head out w his laptop to the city's cafe to get some sun. He brought us to the city centre and we walked on further while he settled down to continue his work. We saw the Church of Our Lady in Antwerp and it's huge but we have to pay to go so we didnt and walked on. Then as we passed by an art shop, we realised there are 2 white cats at the display window and they moved! So we all took a closer look and realised they are real and they have beautiful blue eyes. Of course we had to take photos of them but they knew what we are doing and cleverly avoided the camera, so ya we were doing lots of things to attract their attention at the shop window so can imagine how we looked to passer-bys. Crazy! After that distraction, we went to towards the port and found the castle Steene. Not really that fantastic on a closer view so we walked along the harbour instead. Today is really nice and sunny too so it was a good walk till I started feeling hungry again. We decide to visit one more church nearby before we proceed for lunch. It's St Paul's Church, we went in and it looks really nice and white-polished w beautiful paintings on the walls. By then, i'm already weak in my knees w hunger so we left to go back to the market square to find the noodles place Yuri recommended. Found it at a nice corner and ordered delicious fried noodles w chicken asian-style, a good change from all the western food. After we filled our stomach, we walked on back and found the big supermarket and shopped in it for abt an hour, bought a few things especially the sugar pack Yuri recommended and we left w heavy bags. Still wanted to shop at my fav H&M shop so we went in and walked around till we realised it's closing time at 6pm (early!), we walked slowly back home.

Night: We helped out w Yuri in preparing dinner and he made great pasta so all of us enjoyed it greatly. Waited for his girlfriend to arrive and we watched a Spanish movie (w no English subtitles) and it was way too slow i want to fall asleep...


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



14th April 2008

Poodles
Ya..they really looked like Kopi! I miss him so much!!

Tot: 0.184s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb