Having A Ball


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Antwerp Province » Antwerp
February 17th 2003
Published: March 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It's ball time in Antwerp. Many, many university students have dressed up for the occasion. With some exceptions, e.g. the freak who thinks that wearing a pink t-shirt with a tie is rebelish. Hilton Hotel in Antwerp is a very nice venue. The ball room holds millions of people, this evening a rough equal mix of ladies and gentlemen. Beer is good. Atmosphere is good. Company is good. The band is not bad. They should have continued all night. The DJ(s) must be drunk.

Their idea of a great mix of ball music is rather peculiar and confusing. The songs chosen are not the problem. The mix of them becomes a problem, leaving tons of people standing in their fancy clothes confused to their bones. The intro to "Eye of the tiger", continued with some Aerosmith, finishing off with techno sounds is just weird. John Denver combined with "The ketchup song" is not a good idea. What do you get if you mix a hillbilly with a Latino girl? The crowd is still to this day occupied with this riddle...

Likewise, playing the same song twice in a row is not standard DJ procedure. The maestros of the night did however, maybe in a stage of temporary soberness, manage to do one thing right, right before departure of our party:

"Left a good job in the city...working for her man every night and day..." Proud Mary forgives you.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb