The Collective Sigh


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Brussels-Capital Region » Brussels
February 18th 2003
Published: February 18th 2003
Edit Blog Post

Brussels is a quite nice city. Nice buildings, lots of sights, lots of institutions. Some famous monuments and statues scattered over the city for tourists. Grand Place with surrounding buildings is quite impressive. The Pole Star is not very impressive. Our party has decided to visit this Finnish establishment to have a northern drink and sing a song. It's Sunday. The Pole Star is not opened on Sundays. Our Finnish representative is disappointed, to the extent that a double "Ahhh" echoes in the night upon realizing this offence. Maybe Monday the Finns want to drink.

Our party, this time larger in size, once again makes an attempt to visit the bar to drink a northern drink and sing a song. Once again the blinds are closed and the door is locked. A single "Ah" from our Finnish representative, followed by a collective "AHHHH" is heard all over the city. Maybe the Finns do not like to visit bars? Maybe Tuesday then...

Tuesday night our party, this time somewhat different in composition, once again visits the Star to drink a northern drink and sing a song. This time it is open. The bartender looks everything but Finnish. No Finnish beer. The largest decoration is an SAS banner, a major competitor to the FINNISH company Finnair. The crowd consists of a few regulars and our group. Finland absolutely positively need a better representative in Brussels than the Pole Star...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.34s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.087s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb