Walking tour = sore back...


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Antwerp Province » Antwerp
September 11th 2007
Published: September 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Missing home....Missing home....Missing home....

missing all the Chinese foood! so tempted to walk into the Chinese Supermarket! thank god it was closed....haaa!
So, today, spent the whole day in Antwerp!

Started out late again....(so love to sleep-in!!!^-^)
So started off with the Diamond museum! I didn't know Belgium was famous for cutting diamonds and being the trade centre for diamonds in Europe! It was interesting to know about the history and how diamonds are formed and so on... they had this audio guide with..TOO much info!!! holy...felt like going on 2 lectures of diamond history! haaaaa.... They do have some pretty shiny jewels on display..too bad I am not too into diamonds, yet. haaaa!

Then, walked into the city. Antwerp is the fashion capital and its TRUE!!! OMG... so many nice stuff!!! especially, recently I got into looking at leather shoes for some reason.......but they are so expensive!!!! ><" Anyways, things are way too expensive here, and I cant fit anything more into my backpack....-___-"

Next went to the MoMu - ModelDesignMuseum. Its a museum dedicated to fashion design. They had this Bernard guys' exhibit on now and wowow! its COOOOL stuff!!!!! I like a few of his collections, but mainly, I loved the setup of his exhhbit! different themes for different series....so nice!!!!

After that, continued to walk
Antwerpen CentraalAntwerpen CentraalAntwerpen Centraal

The train station is a big old building! pretty grand and nice ne! too bad half of it was under construction...
around town and got to the Ruben Museum. Honestly, knew nothing about his art even though he is super famous in Europe I think. Anyhow, his museum was basically his house so it was surprisingly small!.... quite a few of his works on display though, they arent really the style I like.........but its good to know ge^^"

After that, walked around the sites, which I saw the nightview the previous night out, but daytime has another view=) LOVE those Gothic style churches and they are all over Belgium!!!! =) Brugge has a nicer old town, Antwerp is too full of immigrants....it looks so not European when walking around....the crowd here reminds me of NY for some reason.

A lot of walking....even though walkable, decided to take a tram back. Tuesday night, not much going on. Went to a Jazz bar and taught Bram how to play Chinese Chess! and I was such a good teacher, I lost in the 2nd game!!!!! WTH!!!!><" It was a nice bar, with a long history and good music! Tried some very strong tasting beer...ended up just liking this one with a sour...fruity flavour.....forgot the name! but it had a plum taste to
Legend of the throwing hand...Legend of the throwing hand...Legend of the throwing hand...

So this hero killed some evil person and cut off its hand, and threw it away! You can see the 'blood' (water in the fountain) squirking out from the cutoff hand! haaaa! and somewhere on the main shopping street, there is a BIG fallen hand from this throw! Wahhaaaa! ying ah!
it...very interesting ne=)


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Ruben MuseumRuben Museum
Ruben Museum

The Artists' home..
KathedralKathedral
Kathedral

Beautiful Gothic Architecture!!!!!! It was GRAND!!!! Loved it!
Town Sq.Town Sq.
Town Sq.

Sitting right at the town Sq with all these flags...ho ying!
ApartmentApartment
Apartment

Very confortable matress and cool retro chairs!
DrumSet!DrumSet!
DrumSet!

Sitting right at the door in the living room is this cool Drumset!!!!!! I wish I had one at my home........^^"


20th September 2007

Loved it.
I'm doing a project on Belgium and i just wanted to let you know that reading your blog made it a bit more fun! =]] thanks!
26th October 2007

Interesting
I'm gonna live in Belgium for the following year and soon I'll visit Antwerp..your info is really intersting and useful. Thanks. And the beer that you liked I think is called Kriek and tastes more like fruits than alcohol. Hehe...if you wanna take a look at my blog about Belgium, France, Romania and Turkey: www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Adina Keep on writing :) Have lovely travels!

Tot: 0.257s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0819s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb