Yay-Antwerp saves the day!


Advertisement
Belgium's flag
Europe » Belgium » Antwerp Province » Antwerp
May 23rd 2007
Published: May 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

...and the vacation fun was back on

Antwerp was fantastic from the moment of arrival. The train station was the best I had ever seen (in my opinion, even better than Grand Central in NYC). There were pubs abound and the food was good. Our hotel was near the train station and what I'm assuming is in the party district. It was good and clean and the room was huge!!

We stayed in the diamond district and so you can imagine the wonderful window shopping we did.

We had forgotten about the football (soccer) championship going on last night and were happy to find an Irish pub (don't laugh it was fun and crowded) with an outdoor eating area to eat fish and chips at while enjoying another Belgian brew.

After a few (Adam had more than a few) drinks we headed back to the hotel room and enjoyed our massive room.

This morning (Thursday..wow...it's Thursday already), we walked around Antwerp some more for window shopping and a little real shopping as well. We boarded a crowded train and made our way to Amsterdam.

We're currently sitting in our hotel lobby. This hotel seems to rock already as it has free computer and internet access, free breakfast and what they called "simple furniture because our new furniture did not arrive before we sold our old" is actually on par with the "regular" furniture in Antwerp and Paris. We're off to explore the city and I'm sure will have plenty to update after our first walk in the seedy Red Light District--talk about interesting window shopping to be had, eh?

Cheers!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb