BELARUS


Advertisement
Belarus' flag
Europe » Belarus
May 20th 2012
Published: May 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

MinskMinskMinsk

One of the biggest streets in Minsk
When i was told that i had to go to Belarus for a week in the end of April 2012, i was shocked. Becuase i do not like cold weather and all i heard about Belarus was the cold weather there.

I was feeling lucky to have 19 C degrees in Istanbul so for me to go to Minsk was a total headache.

But my feelings changed as we landed on Minsk Airport. What i saw from plane while landing amazed me.

When we finally got out of passport control all i was thinking to see around.But i knew that i hasd to wait.

For a few days i could not see much as there was a lot to at the office.

But 3 days after we arrived Minsk, finally i had to chance to see Minsk.

We walked around the city. By the way i must mention the temperature was around 9-10 C degrees and everyone was talking about how lucky we were...

So if you plan to visit this country do it in either May or June.

Ok. Time to give you some infor about this lovely but cold city.

Minsk is the capital city and the largest city of Belarus.It has almost 2 million inhabitants. For most citizens a visa is required and also health insurance is asked by the border police. You are not allowed to enter the country unless you have a health insurance.

It is known that Minsk is older than the other European cities such as Stockholm and Moscow.

Many parts of Minsk were destroyed during the World War II and rebuilt during Soviet time.

So you can find a lot of nice Soviet - time architecture in the city...

But Minsk is definetly a European city with shops, theathers, restaurants, cafes, chocolate shops and nice streets full of fashion.

The best thing about Minsk is CHOCOLATE. you cand find many kinds of cakes and pastry made of chocolates in Minsk.

If you have time and if you are interested in history you must go to Stalin's line to see the tanks, planes, weapons from World War 2.

Stalin's line is an open air museum which has 4 areas and a nice lake. You can enter the tanks and bunkers to see how it feels...

I hope
Robinson ClubRobinson ClubRobinson Club

You can enjoy a lunch or dinner here with great food and service.
you enjoy your time in Belarus...


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

LocksLocks
Locks

In Belarus it is a custom for newly wed couples to tie the locks with a rope here in order to have a long and good marriage
Stalin's LineStalin's Line
Stalin's Line

the planes and helicopters
Minsk and LakeMinsk and Lake
Minsk and Lake

You can ride on a bike or have a cup of coffee near this lake
MinskMinsk
Minsk

old style house


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb