Day 31: Austrian Tyrol at Leisure


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria
May 19th 2005
Published: June 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hopfgarten is an excellent base to enjoy outdoor activities like walking, cycling or parapenting.

Great to finally do some exercise. The rain stopped and the sun came out so we were able to do our mountain biking. Had breakfast at 8 of bacon and eggs, honey smacks with yoghurt and peaches (am eating some very random combinations of food for breakfast). Got our mountain bikes and met our guides at 9.30, then began our ride.
Rode about 5km, half way to half way, and stopped for our group photo and to get some water from a stream that was freezing cold. The scenery was so amazing, the valleys are so green and the white capped mountains, the little cottages dotting the countryside, and cows with cowbells. Got to the top eventually, and had a bbq lunch of baked potatoes, sausages and sauerkraut, which i actually like now. Stopped for about an hour, then took the extremely fast and steep track downhill which took us back to the photostop in about 5 minutes flat.
Rode back to the gasthof and Emily, Ange, Julia, Nicole, Jess and I started working on costumes for the party. Walked into town with Julia to check it out, it was so cute and quiet. Wandered back home and did some more work on the costumes before dinner. Had roast lamb for dinner which was great.
Got costumed and makeuped and headed down to the bar after taking heaps of photos. Everyone looked really funny dressed up. There were heaps of zebras, jungle women, panthers, lions and people wearing leaves and branches. Emily was a frog, Nat L-Z a mouse, Melissa a pig, and Ange a leopard. Tried some new schnaps flavours - passionfruit and wildberry which were good. Jason did the 'around the world' shot thing, and had 20 different shots of schnaps in 37 seconds, the record is i think 18 seconds.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb