Cows, snow, chocolate, do-re-mi, Mozart, lakes and lynxes


Advertisement
Europe » Austria
September 10th 2008
Published: September 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left Budapest, and drove North to Vienna/Wien. After a long anticipation, arriving in Austria was great. The smell of cow manure filled our noses, the sounds of Mozart our ears and our eyes the beautiful green grass and mountains. Our first stop was Salzburg; home of Mozart (and Mozart Balls), The Sound of Music (and the real Von Trapp family), lots of salt (salz), lakes, mountains and churches... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




10th September 2008

Swiss Mountains
Wandering (or climbing breathless) through the Swiss Alps (even more than the Austrian ones) certainly makes you want to sing "The hills are alive . . . " Impressed that you made it to Kleine Schneidigg and Wengen. That is no mean feat but sooo worth the effort. The weather is stunning as are the photos. This area is one of my two favourite spots in the world. The other is Moraine Lake in the Rockies - hope you and Robert get such good weather there in a few weeks time.
11th September 2008

Sound of Music + Mozart
Great for you to both have musical, historical and nostalgic components to your fun-time in Salzburg. So pleased you made it to Switzerland in spite of the cost factor, it looks stunning, your photos really capture the magic. Fancy feeling cold for a change, how refreshing, next stop Iceland! lots of love, Mum/Ngaire.
14th September 2008

Hi
Hey guys, the colour in the photos looks incredible! My favourite one is Matt jumping off the jetty. I bet the water was freezing!
15th September 2008

Lakes
Hey, yeah lake was stunning and matt reckons it was the warmest he had been in, but then again comparing it to nz probably isn't the way to go. we saw a glacial lake the other day and i suggested i dive in like how you did in the south island. matt said no.
3rd June 2009

hi.... I was planning a trip to Salzburg as well.. What month did you go ?? could you just give me a list of places that you visited...(I could inform my travel agent accordingly) write to me plz ....at anu.anu@rediffmail.com thanx buddy...

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb