Austria No. 1


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria
October 21st 2007
Published: October 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Greetings Earthlings.

I am currently staying with Chris's family is a little town called Eberndorf in Austria. First off Barcelona is no longer my favorite place, Vienna has taken over. I have spent around 2 weeks there and have almost seen everything. Vienna is a place that has everything for everyone. Me and Chris hired push bikes and rode around town. It is really easy to ride there because they have a bike lane on the foot path. At night we would ride down to the pub, have a few drinks then ride home. We got to climb up the St Stephens Church, but could only get half way as they are fixing it up. When we got there these 2 American guys came in just after us. Think that they were a bit disappointed about only being allowed to climb half way, as they started swearing and saying that they were going to complain. Me and Chris had a good laugh at this.

We went to the Vienna zoo which was really cool. They have a few Pandas that they are really proud of and 4 Elephants. Really big zoo. We stayed with a friend of Chris's grandma. She lives alone and I think she does not get many visitors. She kept insisting that she make us breakfast, lunch and dinner, which we did not complain about. We were using her finest crystal, which is a bit different from what we are used to. Chris's Dad took us to a Castle which was very interesting. He has been showing us around all the sights close by.

We spent 2 days in Venice which was about a day and a half to long. Not much to do in Venice other than to just walk around. We stayed at another camp site out of town and got completely lost trying to get there. We were on a bus there but did not know where to get off. Chris asked the driver, and he just stopped the bus and let us out. He pointed down the road and said that way. Some other travelers looking for the camp site were with us so we started walking. We walked for about an hour but could not find the place. Had to ask someone and they said to catch the bus in the opposite direction. We did and the camp site was really far up. Would of taken us hours to walk.

Have not got much planned for the near future. Think that we are going to Croatia in a few days. Cat will be over in 3 weeks so that will be good. Going to get stuck into traveling again which I am looking forward to. We will be going around Germany then back here for a few days.

Hope everyone is well back home.

Over and out.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb