Vienna, Schnitzel and Strudel!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
September 25th 2014
Published: December 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Guten tag everyone.

Lesson one in German has began:

Guten tag means hello/ good day.

Auf Wiedersehen means good evening.

Bitte- please.

Danke- thank you.

Vienna (which is also known as Wien to the locals) is said to be the City of Dreams as well as the City of Music. How cool is that? It is also the primary capitol of Austria.

When we arrived in Vienna it was very late afternoon. We divided up, I went to a Struss and Mozart concert with some other arty people on our tour and the rest went out on a walking tour. After the concert our bus driver and tour manager gave us a surprise. They took us to Prater Theme Park! We had free entry to the park, but the rides and attractions have to paid for. It is still pretty reasonable. From the carousel rides which were €1 , to go-kart racing which was €3 for 20 minutes, shooting (both bow and arrow and rifle shooting blanks) €2 for 8 shots, to the superman ride €3. The park closed at 12am so we had plenty of time to play, explore and experience some adrenaline.

The next day was our free day in Vienna, and I decided for €12 I would go to the Spanish Riding School. The demonstration lasts for three hours, however you can leave whenever you want. I walked around and grabbed a vegetarian schnitzel for lunch (yes I am a vegetarian, but I'm a foodie to the core) and tried some of the famous Viennese hot chocolate. So delicious!

I then decided to wonder around some of the museums while I was waiting for appointed time to meet up with the tour manager. There was the museum of natural history- it is the skeleton of a T-Rex in the lobby! And the museum of fine arts.

When it was time to meet, we all got on our contiki bus and went to the Schnapps Factory for a tasting and demonstration. The tour costs €6 and you get to try some of the Schnapps. I tried: the peach and apricot, the gold, and the fire cracker - that had chili in it! But it was good.

After we had tried some new drinks we went to the Schönbrunn Palace. It was amazing. The land was huge, it includes: a maze, a few different gardens, a scenic walk up the hills and of course huge stately rooms and ballrooms. That night we went to our home for our traditional Viennese dinner, There was soup, Schnitzel (either vegetarian or chicken) and then of course our desert was apple strudel and ice-cream! I absolutely love strudel!

And the next stop on our tour is Germany- Munich. We're going to Oktoberfest!!!!

Auf Wiedersehen

xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 87, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb