Day 10 Salzburg to Vienna


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna
September 3rd 2019
Published: September 4th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Woke up to sunshine - phew! Not too early a start - train to Vienna at 11 and only a short walk to the station. Train ride through hills, farms - lovely countryside. Arrived in Vienna - Airbnb this time, in the area of Nestroyplatz - fairly close to the old town. We had messages from owner, keys were with a local cafe - but only mention his name, not the flat ( sounds as though he shouldn’t be letting out the flat !!) Anyway, we got a set of keys - shame they were the wrong ones! So Pete hot-footed it back to the cafe and returned with the right ones. It was good to stretch out in a flat - and we popped into the local supermarket to stock up on some essentials (Wine and cheese mainly)

Quick turn around and out to investigate the closest part of the old town. We followed a short route that took in the cathedral ( St Stephan), st Peters church ( more ornate than cathedral), the memorial to the plague victims and the Holocaust memorial in Judenplatz. Couple of beers in town - so many cafes/ bars etc to choose from, and then back to the flat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb