Friday 2nd September – We just want to find the Ferrero Rocher!!!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
September 2nd 2011
Published: September 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

Just a photo I took somewhere in Vienna
We started today off with a driving tour around Vienna, stopped of at a castle then we were dropped off in the middle of town. We some how ended up hanging around with Tim and Carla today. Our aim was to find the markets that had been pointed out at the beginning to the driving tour... unfortunatly we were given the wrong directions and ended up spending most of our day walking around. We went to a cafe and had tradtional Veinna coffee, a slice of Suck-a-toe (as Steve calls it, I think it is actually Sucatorte) and an apple strudle with vanilla sauce – that was really nice!!!!! We were picked up at 3.30 to go on a tour of the original Schnapps museum. The guy that took our tour was the 5th generation of the Schnapps factory and we also met his son. The best part was free tasting at the other end! Most people bought a bottle of something (there was an Orange flavoured Schnapps liquer which had real 24carat gold flakes in it! We didn't get anything because it would have been too hard to carry it home again!
Our last stop for tonight was the Vienna
Photo 3Photo 3Photo 3

Schonbrunn Palace
Concert, we were dropped off outside a concert place and had a while to have dinner first. We went to a recommended little place (by our driver) then our tour guide and cook showed up and had dinner with us too. After dinner we dropped Carla off for the concert and Steve, Tim and I went for a wonder around the streets. We filled in 2 hours then caught a ride home. Not a lot else to report for the day... just very sore feet!
Missing everyone!
xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.242s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb