Planes, Trains and Automobiles....


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
November 18th 2008
Published: November 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

All I need is to start selling shower rings.

So, its been a busy few days.

Olomouc was Fantastic!!! with a capital F. The hostel felt like you were in someones super cozy living room, with good music and a great company. The town is basically a small Prague without all the tourists, even has an astronomical clock. Student town, so lots of young people with lots of energy.
I decided that I wanted to take it easy at night, we heard there was a jazz club with a polish group playing.... the best live jazz i´ve heard. Tried to buy their cd but they were all sold out. There was a small cover charge for the band which is fine, but when i got the bill for the beer, i almost dropped. Katherine, you would have been in heaven, just the place your looking for. The great dark, tasty czech beer i was drinking all night was the equivalent of $1.25 cnd. gotta love czech.
It was time to blast out of Oloumoc down to Bratislava, was met by Erika for a night on the town, with some birthday drinks after midnight. She tried hard and got me singing, not on the microphone, but singing nonetheless. We left Bratislava for an early morning bus to her flat in Trnava, another smallish student town with a lot of churches, churches everywhere, even a synagogue disguised as a church.
Thanks Erika for a great birthday weekend.
I pulled myself away from Trnava for one more night in Bratislava, which was pretty tame due to the national holiday. I knew there wasn,t a whole lot to see there, but I wanted to experience the place that was displayed in the horror movie 'Hostel', the hostel we stayed in had a strange resemblance to the movie, but there were no bare breasted blondes working us up as we walked in. Oh well, doesn't always go the way you want.
I'm in Vienna at the moment, beautiful city, decided to spend another night tomorrow, which will impact my schedule even more, but there's too much to see here in one day.

Bye for now!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb