Vienna - Austria


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
June 28th 2008
Published: June 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Saturday 28th June: Franz banged on my door at 9am to get me up for a day of sightseeing in Vienna. My head was not in a good state after those cocktails from the previous night but I could not waste the day and soldiered on to the shower. We drove in to Vienna and then caught the Metro around inner Vienna and had lunch at the 'Schweizerhaus' which is famous for pork and crackle (We had the dish on the front of the green menu in the photo below). Within the vacinity was the large wheel - another famous icon in Vienna which has tram carriages attached (instead of capsules) which rotate people around for views right across Vienna. We then walked through central Vienna which was absolutely packed with tourists from all over the world who were here to watch the Euro 2008 Soccer final this Sunday (Germany Vs Spain). The atmosphere was so alive as we passed many cafes and restuarants which had been taken over by singing and chanting Germans or Spaniards (plus everyone else that had not gone home after their recent elimination from the Soccer such as the Russians and Italians). Finally we headed to one of Vienna's most famous landmarks - The Schonbrunn with a huge area of landscaped gardens around the palace before walking up to the Gloriette Cafe for a drink at the far end of the Schonbrunn gardens. Franz then took me to a beer garden which he had recently discovered which had a great outdoor atmosphere and was a great way to relax the legs after at least 10km of walking before we headed back to Baden to a winery to meet a good friend of Franz. (Labelling and description of Pics below to follow)


Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



2nd July 2008

love
what a beautiful place to be !! all my love to franz being such a good mate to you ... enjoy enjoy claim nothing !!! love you mum

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb