Day 45 - Brloh to Vienna, Austria


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
May 12th 2008
Published: May 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Morning: We will be leaving Czech Republic today to go Austria so we had to leave at about noon time to catch the bus to Cesky Budejovice for the train to Vienna. I woke up early to get ready and chatted w Frank's mum for a while and eating her freshly prepared breakfast again. Went to the supermarket to grab some necessities and bought some groceries for her to stock up. Then she started baking cream puffs right in front of us and we enjoyed tasting the first ones from her oven! yummy! Then we had to pack up and Frank sent us to the busstop and we said our goodbyes to everyone in the family and left for Cesky Budejovice.

Afternoon: Reached the train station and had some difficulty buying the train tickets cos we got the rail pass that we wanted to use in Austria side and we jus needed to buy the Czech rep side of the train ticket which is pretty complicated but in the end it worked out well and we paid really little for it. Then we had some time left so i quickly went in search of a money changer to change all my Czech Krons to Euros before leaving the country. Managed to change them all jus in time and we quickly boarded the train. Then something funny happened along the way when the train conductor informed us that we need to get down the train at the next stop and change to a bus. We were shocked and lost cos it was supposed to be a straight train to Austria. But we have no choice but to follow cos the train stopped so we quickly grabbed our stuffs and alighted together w a whole bunch of people and boarded a waiting coachbus. I'm not sure where the bus will drop us but we jus took the journey which was pretty long cos i fell asleep on the bus, we reached the train station and we still had to wait for the train to arrive that took another 10-15mins more. By then, we realised we have missed our next connection train to Vienna and we will reach Vienna 2 hours later than we planned. No choice so we alighted at the border station and waited for more than an hour for the Vienna train at 7pm.

Night: We finally reached Vienna at 9+pm and our nice host Daniel actually came to the train station to wait for us at the platform. He was holding a sign CS in his hands and we find it really amusing to see someone holding a sign waiting for us. Made us feel like VIPs hahaaa....So we followed him to his apartment and settled down for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



13th May 2008

Hey I miss you!!
14th May 2008

Hey Diane, yes I miss you too! Mayb if im free when Im back, will come visit u in HK....

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb