H&M Tour Oct 2005!


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Vienna » Vienna
October 19th 2005
Published: October 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well hello there!

Sorry once again for the slight delay. Jane glad you are hooked up at last, just in time for our Vienna segment.

We left Budapest and their random piles of rubbish behind us and took a scenic journey to Vienna. The first night we just ended up chillin' in the hostel bar which was cosy. It was a really friendly place though and we ended up meeting a couple of people, firstly Bob and American guy from Iowa- who weirdly has just walked into our hostel in Salzburg as im writing this! We were then joined by a couple of guys one from Canada and the other from Japan. Finally two girls from Birmingham joined us-it was weird because at around this point Dan's neck got considerably better?!

We had a full day of sightseeing planned for the following day- Dan was a little worse for wear after strolling in at 4am- surprisingly the still mineral water didn't go to my head in the same way!

We began with Vienna's parliament building and the Rathaus which were impressive unfortunately they were under construction. We proceeded onto St Stephen's cathedral which was very grand, sporting a rather funky coloured roof! After all this sightseeing in the freezing cold, Ben decided it was time to part with some money, and when he parts with it, he really parts with it! Investing in a blazer and a T shirt from H&M. That eveing we had a chinese where Dan rather greedily ordered sixteen meals- confusion over noodles apparently. We then mosied on down to watch some footy- we had to run all the way there as Ben insisted he was on the verge of wetting himself, he however found time to stop and take a picture of something or other!

The following day we strolled upto Karls church which was very impressive and NOT hidden under scaffolding, WOHOO! Following this we went in every single H&M Austria has to offer! I got myself a military-esque jacket that i'd had my eye on, and Dan inspired by my fetching scarf from Prague bought himself one AND a Blazer.

We looked so cool all walking home with H&M bags swaying in the slight October breeze- Salzburg doesn't know whats hit it!

Pics will follow, hopefully in Venice.

Take Care y'all!

Sam, Dan and Ben xx



Advertisement



19th October 2005

Whats H&M?
Good to hear from you guys. The medicinal effects of two girls from Birmingham are well documented, as for being stalked by an American called Bob,now thats a worry. Sixteen meals sounds excessive, but at least you wouldn't fancy another an hour later! Look forward to the pics with you modeling milatary-esque wear, hope we will be able to see you. Keep on Bloggin', Bye for now.
19th October 2005

Tut tut!
Dan? Feeling worse for wear?? Never!!! Nice to hear you're all going overboard on the experience - you'll look like something close to a fashion parade soon! I hope you get to Venice - one place on your trip I can say I'VE been to - ha! It's gorgeous. Don't miss out the Rialto - stunning. Look forward to the piccies.
19th October 2005

Shopping
Dont forget prezzies greatly accepted. Look forward to pics.

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb