The Hills are alive.......


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol
September 6th 2010
Published: September 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

AustriaAustriaAustria

Austrian countryside
......with the sound of music!

Today we were on the bus at 7:15AM to get to Austria for some serious adrenline activities (for some). The drive took us up through Italy and the Italian Alps, and through Austria until we were almost on the German border. The drive was one of the longer days that we were expected to have on the coach at around six and a bit hours. It does seem like a long time but the bus stops ever two to three hours for a toilet stop and we have lunch.And there is always games or movies playing on the coach, and the view out the window isnt too bad either!! Its amazing as all through Europe about every 15 minutes are truck and bus stops set up with toilets and food. The rules for driving over here are strict for large vechiles, and trucks need to stop every three or so hours for 15 minute breaks. AND you have to pay to go to the toilet!! Either .50 or 1 euro. So annoying when you are busting and have no coin.

By the time we got to our little village in Austria, it was time
Getting ready to canyonGetting ready to canyonGetting ready to canyon

Chris and Matt ready to canyon
for everyone to gear up for the afternoons activities. There was two skydivers, a number of paraponters and some canyonners. The choices didnt really appeal to me, and a number of the girls so we just sat and enjoyed the scenery, and happy hour as it rained on and off. I mean canyonning would of been alright but as soon as they said that there was jumping from heights into the water I thought I would flag....

So Chris and the majority of the Top Deck crew went away canyoning, and it sounds like the majority of them had an awesome time. There were stories leaking back in of a couple who hesitated more than a bit at the top of the highest jump, until everyone was leaving and heading back to the base. And glad to hear it wasnt just girls!!

With the day over everyone retired to the bar for a few drinks and some beer pong before heading to bed. We were after all heading to Munich tomorrow and the beer halls.








Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Group canyonningGroup canyonning
Group canyonning

Getting ready to go canyonning
Waterfall Waterfall
Waterfall

More scenery
Beer Pong tableBeer Pong table
Beer Pong table

Socialising at the hostel. It was only us staying there and two random locals that had been out for a big bike ride that came to drink


Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb