Austria - Innsbruck and Kitzbuhel


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Tyrol » Innsbruck
October 20th 2008
Published: October 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Austria...InnsBrookAustria...InnsBrookAustria...InnsBrook

Mum getting ready for the night ahead.... It was startign to get cold...
Sat 4th
October
Austria - Innsbruck
The best thing about this day was hearing the kids gasp and yell whenever they saw a snow capped mountain. They were thrilled and astounded. Even the low level cloud that hung around for a long time was beautiful.

One our way to the caravan park 5 km outside of Innsbruck, we noticed that all the homes have their wood so neatly chopped that we’re all convinced that’s how they buy it!!! Even the sheds for their wood is cute and neat that Kurt’s going to fire his wood chopper….

As we drove we listening to the Italian music that Kurt had downloaded in Sicily. God, it was a great day.

At the moment all of us except my Mum have the sniffles, but I expect that to change soon. It’s almost impossible to avoid getting a cold when so many people are living in the same small environment.

We spent the rest of Saturday resting and catching up with typing, sleeping and washing which was just as well because the weather was dreadful. While we were driving, the little bit of rain on the country side was lovely but when you’re all stuck in the motor home, the weather has the potential to wear you down.

Kurt made a great chicken chilli fry (minus the chilli for my Mum) and lentils with spinach for lunch. It was tasty and warm on a cold Austrian day.

The caravan park had wireless connection for 24 hours at a price of 5E which was really cheap and after the kids went to bed, we also jumped in bed with the intention of sending some emails but the connection became crap!

The kids have moments when they hate doing their journal but when they’re motivated they write the funniest things. They are a great source of information when I’m writing my blog and forget some details. Many times when I can’t remember the dates of certain events, they proud refer to their journal and fill me in with the details.


Sun 5th October
Austria - Innsbruck

On Sunday, we caught a bus to town but when we got there it was closed!!! It wasn’t until we walked to the old city centre that the town seem to come alive. The buildings were so pretty and neat. Everything in
Austria...InnsBrookAustria...InnsBrookAustria...InnsBrook

Dad tried to help out with special socks!
Austria is NEAT!

There were so many Italian tourists in the historic city centre that you could have mistakenly thought you were in some part of Italy; even the food was aimed at the Italians.

Even though I have the dubious job of being the unofficial guide, we wondered around aimlessly for hours…..sometimes I just forget that they’re following me and waiting for me to read from the massive Lonely Planet guide, and I just look at the shops and people walking by. They just love that!!! Especially my Dad….

Monday 5th October
Austria - Kitzbuhel- Salzberg


On Thursday we left Innsbruck and started to drive to Salzberg. We’d spoken to a fellow camper who’d strongly recommended going to Berchtesgaden. Funnily enough Kurt’s brother-in- law Rohan, also recommend the “Eagles Nest” in Obersalzberg, so we detoured south and made our way there. That’s the great thing about travelling in our motor home, we just picked up and changed our plans to accommodate the advise we’d been given.

On our way there we stopped at an alpine town called Kitbul. It was like the snow version of coastal Amalfi Coast. Touristy and expensive but ridiculously cute.
Heaps of side walk café with trendy waiters and the essential white table cloths.

Katelyn and Joshua have been harassing us whenever they saw a cute dog in Europe, so in Kibugl ,we gave them a camera and said, “help yourself!!!” But in the end I’ve taken photos of the dogs they like and them!!!So every damn time we see a cute, ugly, white, black, short or tall dog, they start cooing and begging me to take a photo. People are so flattered when I ask they, that they just had over the leash to the kids and move away for the photo to be taken…….but some of these dogs are bloody huge!! What the hell are they thinking?




Additional photos below
Photos: 34, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Austria...InnsBrookAustria...InnsBrook
Austria...InnsBrook

An Autum Leaf
Austria...InnsBrookAustria...InnsBrook
Austria...InnsBrook

The campground we stayed at....it is closing at the end of this year for good.....A pity .
Austria...InnsBrookAustria...InnsBrook
Austria...InnsBrook

Waiting for the Bus
Austria...InnsBrookAustria...InnsBrook
Austria...InnsBrook

First look at cuckoo Clocks!
Austria...InnsBrookAustria...InnsBrook
Austria...InnsBrook

Swarovski store....
Austria...InnsBrookAustria...InnsBrook
Austria...InnsBrook

Mum bought some crystal jewelry for Antoniettas wedding!!!


Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1136s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb