skiing in Austria from Connor


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Zell am See
March 16th 2008
Published: March 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Connor's blog today:
So finally we got in some skiing!!

It was fantastic; the hills were phenomenal, although really hard to ski because they were so steep. After a hard day of fantastic skiing we relaxed in the whirlpool (hot tub). It was not too hot, but after a dip in the cold ice-plunge pool, it felt steaming. After a good night sleep, we awoke early and once again got ready for skiing, but this time Austin and I were skiing with an instructor. After we ate breakfast, we met our instructor. His name was Jonas (pronounced Yonis). He was from Sweden. He could speak English, but sometimes it was hard to understand him because of his accent. He was hilarious and cool and exciting. He was exciting because he took Austin and I to the jumps and rails. He taught us several new tricks.
Today it was kind of hard to hit the jumps because it was snowing like crazy. We couldn’t see very well. After skiing, as we went down, Dad and I had a bet whether or not it would be snowing in the village. Dad won because it was raining in Kaprun. The mountains are so high that it snows up there even when it is raining down in the village.
Overall, we had a great time skiing. Tomorrow we leave Kaprun and go to Salzburg. Austin and I want to ski some more, but mom wants us to tour Salzburg.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb