Georgia - Snowy Salzburg


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
December 28th 2016
Published: June 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 47.8, 13.0333

Salzburg
28/12/16
"Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eylashes!"

We started with a lovely breakfast at the hotel. Then set off on "Dad's walking tour of Salzburg". First stop was Mirabell Gardens, where many scenes from Sound of Music were filmed. Unfortunately, they are dead in Winter and many parts of the garden are closed. Then we walked up to a Capuchin Monastery on a hill, overlooking Salzburg. We were very excited when it started to snow!

Then we walked along the snowy streets of Salzburg, crossing Mozart bridge. We had a delicious hot chocolate at a café, that's Benn there since 1703, then walked around Residenz Place. We then went inside the Residenz State rooms and looked down to the Cathedral from the Choir Loft, where Mozart played the organ. We also saw Rembrants's painting of his mother praying in the art exhibition, which was an unexpected bonus. We had a late lunch at a beer hall, and then went up the funicular to the castle. We explored the rooms of the castle, and admired the view. Then, as the sun set, we went back to the apartment and then out to dinner at a restaurant on our street.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.223s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0779s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb