Salzburg, 1st Tastes


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
July 1st 2014
Published: July 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

A View from the WindowA View from the WindowA View from the Window

The Autobahn to Salzburg
I’ve lost track of time, half the time I don’t know what date or day of the week it is. Thank goodness for the cell phone.

I’d asked Tobias, our exchange student, if we could spend the night at the last minute. But I had the dates wrong on when we would be leaving. Poor people, they didn’t know what to think. We had planned to leave the following morning, we had to be in Salzburg on the 1st. Our apartment was rented from the 1st to the 4th. We saw Tobias and his 2 older girls off, ate breakfast and then were off.

The drive to Salzburg was so beautiful; sunny and warm, about 75F. As we got closer to Salzburg the Alps were visible. Farms line the hillsides with what look like “happy cows”.

We arrived in Salzburg in the afternoon, unpacked then went off to the town. Our apartment is about a 5 minute walk into the old square. 1st dessert: Meringue stuffed with whipped cream and cappuccinos at the Furst Café.



We found the little restaurant over in the “New-Old town” that we’d found 3 years ago. We found seats in
Opps, a Speed LimitOpps, a Speed LimitOpps, a Speed Limit

Speed limit is posted
the outdoor section but this time shared meals. We were still stuffed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Desserts 1stDesserts 1st
Desserts 1st

Desserts first from the Furst
Walking with a ViewWalking with a View
Walking with a View

Strolling to the restaurant. Old city, thousands of years old, is behind us.


Tot: 0.545s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.2417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb