Sound of Music


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
June 27th 2009
Published: June 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tag kids


We Arrived in Salzburg last night it was quite the change, from the canals of venice to the rolling mountains and the richest green hills with goats munching away. I was just waiting for the von tramp family to come running out singing the the hills are alive with the sound of music. Honestly though, this is the town where the real von tramp family were from there's a tour to prove it lol. I have to say hostels are the biggest ripoff going they gouge you at every point and really dont give you much but a bed to sleep in. We've found cheaper hotels that give you more for less, so if any of you go to Europe do your research you could probably stay somewhere better than a hostel for not much more maybe even less. Chris and I will be getting on a train in about 10mins to Hallstatt (fariytale town) and then tomorrow we catch our train to Vienna and chill out there for a couple days. One thing I really love about Europe is their feeling towards dogs. Dogs are allowed to go everywhere from trains, buses, ferries, restaurants its great and they are so well trained. Im going to have to work with Duke and Razz a bit more when I get home. What's really creepy about Austria and Germany while on the train you cant help but wonder about WW2 and who else was transported on these same rail lines never to be seen again.....

I'll add pics hopefully tomorrow



J


RIP
MJ



Advertisement



Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb