The Hills are Alive!!!.....


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
May 26th 2009
Published: May 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

SalzburgSalzburgSalzburg

Me by a bridge going into old town
The train ride from Vienna to Salzburg was very nice and relaxing. I arrived in Salzburg and found my hostel pretty easy this time although the walk up the hill with a full backpack and day pack was not pleasant. Anyway Salzburg what can I say I really like it here it is very beautiful and green and the people are very nice even if you don't speak German if you attempt a danke here and a bitte there they will smile at your lame attempt and put you out of your misery and speak english.So after a day of sightseeing in the old town: Mozart's birthplace the museum the fortress ect ect it was time to go watch the Sound of Music which this hostel plays continuously 24/7.I had come in just as mother Superior was caterwauling out climb every mountain..and speaking of mountains i climbed up one to get to the ice caves. Lord what a journey 20 minute hike up this mountain then the steepest cable car in the world up 1800 meters then another hike to the cave entrance then 700 steps up into the cave all the steps in between and 700 back down out of the cave! What a workout now i don't feel so bad about the piece of strudel i had😊 The ice cave were awesome i am so glad i saw them.The climb down the mountain was a lot easier than going up but the whole thing was worth it! I love Austria😊 Tomorow it's on to Munich then who knows.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

the mountainthe mountain
the mountain

That's what we had to hike up then take a cable car up then hike some more!:)


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0863s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb