Salzburg


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
May 15th 2008
Published: May 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Graz - Salzburg trainGraz - Salzburg trainGraz - Salzburg train

Big Mountain 2
Sorry for the blog delay, internet has not come easily lately. We took a train from Graz to Salzburg on the 7th of May, to get to Jess' Dance Audition at S.E.A.D (Salzburg Experimental Academy of Dance). Salzburg was surrounded by mountains and the relatively small town is boxed in by them, some still with snow on them.

The 1st day was an open day of classes with current and potential students which Jess loved. The 2nd day we did as much sight seeing as possible including a fortress on top of a hill looking over Salzburg, took a tour down the main river that splits Salzburg into 2, the Natural Museum (5 floors of absolute rubbish), one of Mozart's Houses with museum, and a trip to Schloss Hellbrunn that had a tour with trick fountains all over the castle wetting everyone. Good times. That night we saw a performance by the students of S.E.A.D and choreographed by some of the teachers of SEAD.

The 3rd day was Jess' first audition day in Salzburg, consisiting of 2 dance classes and waiting til 5pm to see if she got a call back for the next day. Woohoo she did. so
Argh the ViewArgh the ViewArgh the View

View from the fortress on top of old smokey, all covered in cheese.
day 4 was another day of auditioning for Jess. She felt like she blew it and was depressed for the rest of the day. BUT she didnt and was accepted straight into 2nd year. Yippee. We stayed that night in Salzburg and splurged by actually eating a meal at an awesome indian resturant instead of having a cup-a-soup & stale bread in our hotel with no kettle/kitchen/ANYTHING!!!

So back to Grazious we went (its a 4hr trip that we will have to learn to like, although the scenery is amazing).


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Cemetry Cemetry
Cemetry

This was behind the 1000yr old church St. Peter's in Salzburg
Graz - Salzburg trainGraz - Salzburg train
Graz - Salzburg train

Big Mountain 1
Graz - Salzburg trainGraz - Salzburg train
Graz - Salzburg train

Big Mountain 3
FortressFortress
Fortress

Inside fortress looking out past old smokey
Ich habe Groß HUNGER!Ich habe Groß HUNGER!
Ich habe Groß HUNGER!

Mmm plain rice cakes. At the Salzac River waiting for our cruiz
CruizinCruizin
Cruizin

On our cruise and whats this? Another mountain. Number 4 I do believe.


16th May 2008

Well done Jess, congratulations on your dance school!! You can now relax a little its all legal to stay in Austria now I guess. Like the photos. Brent 21st next week, your gunna miss it I suppose.
19th May 2008

Nice one Jess - You must be pumped!
27th June 2008

:)
Jess!! Well done, so happy for you. Hope you're dancing and loving it :D x

Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.2121s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb