Central Europe Trip - Austria


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
September 19th 2007
Published: December 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Vienna, the most cultural-rich and artistic place in the world, has been enjoying high reputation for its theatre, music and opera. It once was the political center of the Europe ruled by the pan-German Habsburg Empire till World World I. You will find the finest collections of artpieces in the National Gallery, well-preserved Romanesque and Baroque-style architectures in the city and the world-class theatre houses, the best musicians, opera artists and orchestras in Vienna. Classical music would not be as flourishing as today without Vienna which cultivated the world-renowned classical music founders such as Mozert, Beethoven and Johann Strauss II to produce ever-lasting masterpieces being amused for generations. I was so lucky having a chance to watch the high standards opera "Carmen" and "Romeo and Juliet" during the stay. Walking in the streets, you can listen to the live music performences conducted by the students from music schools and will be amazed by their talent. If you are desert lovers, you will get caught by the irresistable desert stalls located in every corners of the city. Most Viennese would rather having a desert with a hot coffee than a proper meal during lunch. Home-made pancake with ice-cream is one of my favourite choices.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Leopold MuseumLeopold Museum
Leopold Museum

Other than the classical art, Vienna also takes a lead in modern art. Leopold Museum houses the largest collections of the modern arts in the world, featuring masters of painting such as Egon Schiele, Gustav Klimt, Oskar Kokoschka and Richard Gerstl.
SachertorteSachertorte
Sachertorte

Sachertorte, the world famous chocolate cake, originates from Sechert Hotel, Austria. It is extremely tasty and soft especially eating with cream.
Belvedere PalaceBelvedere Palace
Belvedere Palace

The Belvedere is a baroque palace complex built by Prince Eugene of Savoy in the south-east of the city centre.
Upper BelvedereUpper Belvedere
Upper Belvedere

The Upper Belvedere is now converted to the fine art gallery which now houses the modern collections from 17th centurary, including the SGustav Klimt's legendary painting “The Kiss” as well as major works by Schiele und Kokoschka.
Goldener SaalGoldener Saal
Goldener Saal

This is the theatre where the Millenium concert and the New Year Eve's concert held each year. It acclaims being one of the world best acoustic theatre.
National Art GalleryNational Art Gallery
National Art Gallery

This Gallery has collected the priceless world-class artpieces since the Hubsburg monarche, featuring Peasant Wedding, Teh Artist's Studio and The Tower of Babel.


Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb