Germany &Austria


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Salzburg » Salzburg
July 28th 2005
Published: July 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Jenee and I are now in Salzburg. We spent about 6 days in Berlin. It was surprisingly cold and rainy. We got around town using the local train system. The highlight if you could call it that was a exceptionally done tour given by Paul's roommate, Edo to a concentration camp. We stayed in East Berlin where most studetns live and experience some of the pop culture. Edo and Paul's other roommate Stephka really personalized our experience.

On Monday we traveled by train to a medievil walled city-- Rothenburg. We stayed in the home of a local just outside the wall. The town is storybook like. The highlight was a trip to the Crime and Punishment Museum! When I get it together I'll post a photo of the "Tongue Screw!" Another highlight was the "Night Watchman" tour which of course was in the evening and we learned all sorts of things about the period.

Tues we got back on the train and headed to Munich. Early yesterday we toured "Mad" King Ludwigs castles. I got some unbelievable photos. One of the castles is the prototype for Disneys'Sleeping beauty castle.

It was only a couple hours via train to Salzburg. Once we got here we quickly went to tourist info, settled on a hotel and hopped onto the "Sound of Music" tour bus. This tour took us to the movie von Trapp sites and the real von Trapp sites and dispelled what was real and what was Hollywood! Again, I got amazing photos.... castles, churches, lakes, alps! Before this year I would have been riding the luge we stopped at. Today I chose to have ice cream instead. We did have a crazy ride on a tram up towards King Ludwigs sleeping beauty castle!

Tonight and tomorrow I expect to be Mozartized---this is Mozarts home!

Thanks for all the encouragement to those that are following us!
Tricia






Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb