Padlocks on the salzburg bridge


Advertisement
Austria's flag
Europe » Austria » Lower Austria » Melk
January 27th 2012
Published: January 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So the hotel drama continued and we realised that the money for the hotel had been taken out of davys bank! and we had paid again to stay at a different place so in morning we basically had an argument with a fat turkish man! went mad and stayed in his scabby dirty cigar smelling hotel the second night!



Salzberg was beautiful but so so cold and snowy..i deffo wanna visit there again in the summer months, luckily the other helper girl Anna has a house there and has invited us to stay in summer...we went to the salzburg bridge and saw that on it were hundreds on different style, shape and coloured padlocks and it looked so pretty...i googled why these were here and discovered they are love locks...as yesterday was the anniversary of my grandads death i left a padlock there with ´grandad teapot´written on it and placed the key on my chain, i also left one for my nanny Jean........do we have love locks anywhere in England?



We made our way back to melk on a 2 hour train and then another train and a bus and discovered that in just 2 days alot has changed! the French helper Marie was asked to leave and was drove to Vienna! i never really thought about what we would do if a host asked us to leave? quite a scary thought. Also a new helper arrived, he is 24 year old American guy called Corie and seems really cool and he has been travelling around europe for the past 9 months.



We plan to stay here about another week, no dates have been discussed really but our next placement can host us from Feb 4th and they are in a town near munich so a long jouney to another country is certainly on the cards



im off now as ive been told me responsibility is to do the washing and theres loads!



Love you xx



P.s we found a duck dead this morning! he was frozen in the pond!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.231s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb