Short stop at Shkoder


Advertisement
Albania's flag
Europe » Albania » North » Shkodër
August 14th 2016
Published: September 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Albania


Albania was not on my bucket list, it was more an extra now while traveling from Kosovo to Montenegro.



At the customs the checks went smoothly. Albania was covered by the insurance of our car, so no additional insurance needed at the border. We continued toward the direction of Kukes. A place which was on the news during the Kosovo War in 1999. Those days many refugees fled to this city from Kosovo and because of the mountainous area and no proper infrastructure it was a huge operation to support these refugees.







Luckily today there are no conflicts in this area and at least a motorway has been built across these mountains. To reach the west side of Albania took us 1 hour and 20 minutes driving with nice mountains view. (it used to be 9 hours!)



From the west side we drove towards the north where we made a short stop at the city of Shkoder.





As the reputation of Albania is not the best in Europe we parked our car at a guarded parking. We did not had much time so thanks to tripadvisor we found out that we could have a nice walk at a street called “Rruga Kole Idromeno”. Which is the main pedestrian street of Shkoder with local business, bars and restaurants.



This street remind us to the city of Bitola (Macedonia), which we visited some years ago. Same type of architecture. We walked this street up and down and took a lunch at one of the many restaurants.





After our lunch break it was time again to hit the road. From Shkoder we drove towards the border of Montenegro….


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0723s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb