At Sea, En Route to Antigua


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
February 6th 2015
Published: February 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Friday 6th February, 2015. At Sea, En Route to Antigua

Our last whole day at sea before we can put our feet back on terra firma! We had a posh breakfast and then M went to Craft and Creation which was part 2 of the Photography Workshop. This was about breaking all the rules we learned in the last session. M thought it was a bit arty farty but Alan was able to tell here what some of the buttons do on her flash new camera. Next we went along to the fruit and vegetable carving demonstration on the pool deck. It was really interesting watching the chef use a sharp knife to create flowers, birds and fish. We then went and sat on the poop deck in the shade of a parasol and had a glass of wine/beer and read our books. Roy came along all bandaged up. Turned out he had been on a drip containing antibiotics for an hour. His feeling unwell last night was quite serious. He has another 4 sessions to go, the next one being this afternoon.

We are still in the Atlantic Ocean. This is the world's second largest ocean after the Pacific Ocean. It covers around 106,400,000 sq km (about 41,100,000 sq miles). It covers approximately 20 % of the earth's surface and about 29% of its water surface area - no longer it has taken so long to cross it! It is bounded on the west by North and South America. It connects to the Arctic Ocean through the Denmark Strait, the Greenland Sea, the Norwegian Sea and the Barents Sea. To the east the boundaries are of the ocean proper are Europe, and the Strait of Gibralta through which it connects to the Mediterranean Sea and in turn the Black Sea both of which touch Asia and Africa.

After lunch M went to Craft and Creation and made another card. We met Roy and Patty on the poop deck for a pre dinner drink. Roy is not able to have any alcohol because of the antibiotics. After dinner we went to the deck party which was a bit flat to say the least. Tomorrow we will arrive in Antigua thank goodness.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb