Christmas Day, Cruising the Caribbean Sea


Advertisement
Central America Caribbean
December 25th 2014
Published: December 28th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 25th December, 2014. Christmas Day, Cruising the Caribbean Sea



We went for a posh breakfast and then retired to our cabin. The weather was foul - strong winds and rain which was the residue from a Tornado which we had been following on Sky Weather. Everybody seemed to be shopping in the "duty free" shops onboard. At 10.15 we went to the Festival of 7 Lessons and Carols led by our Captain. It was a good service and we both joined in with popular carols like 'We Three Kings', 'Away in a Manger'. 'The First Noel' and many others.

We went for lunch and M had a Chicken Tika Massala (a first for Christmas Day) and D had a Burgundy Beef. After lunch M decided to see if we had a phone signal. We were surprised to find that we had so M phoned home and spoke to Mopsy, Popsy and her cousin Sam. Following this conversation she wished she was back in the UK - they were having a much better time than us. No effort had been made whatsoever for Christmas day onboard!

At 4.15 M went for the third and final I-Pad lesson. After this we joined up in the cabin and watched the TV. We chose the movie 'For whom the Bell Tolls' (with Gary Cooper and Ingrid Bergman) which neither of us had seen. We saved it while we went for Christmas dinner at 8.45. This was a pretty good effort but we only got 1 roast potato each and 3 sprouts, a pig in blanket, 3 thin slices of turkey and the ubiquitous carrots.

After dinner we went to see Clem Curtis who is a singer and former lead vocalist of sixties British soul group The Foundations. He was really good and had the whole audience standing, clapping and joining in. We returned to our cabin and watched the rest of 'For Whom The Bell Tolls'. Then we went to bed. Worst Christmas Day ever!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.407s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb