Maho Beach – St Maarten


Advertisement
Published: March 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

As we have arrived on holiday without our driving licences, we have had to make a few adjustments to how we are moving around. The first of these is the transfers in Jamaica to and from the airport, as the hotel is 90 minutes’ drive from the airport and our plane does not land until 7pm.

Due to the issue with the internet in the apartment, this morning we packed up the laptop and took it to a local bar. Unfortunately, the first one we went to had worse internet that we had at the apartment, so we then moved to a second that gave good enough connection to allow us to book the transfers we needed. We also treated ourselves to a 3 hour lounge at Miami International airport as we have 6 hours between flights in Miami. This is not an ideal gap between flights but you have to factor in that it can take 3 hours to get over the border and customs. This will also mean that we can print out the documents for the Jamaican transfers and other items.

Some further good news today. We received an unexpected telephone call and further cash goodwill gesture from one of our UK banks who have made a right dogs dinner of one or two of our transactions. We have not finished with them by far yet either.

Following a relaxed afternoon, we had an early dinner in the local Mexican restaurant. We have a relatively early start tomorrow so did not want to wander too far.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb